- If you have been advised by your physician or dentist to use antibiotic premedication because of mitral valve prolapse (MVP), heart murmur, hip, knee, cardiac or other prosthesis, or if you have rheumatic heart disease, please make sure you are on the appropriate antibiotic on the day of your appointment. If there is a question, please call our office prior to your appointment.
- Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to your appointment (i.e. latex or drug allergy, anxiety disorder, etc.)
- To aid in proper diagnosis, please avoid taking any type of pain medication at least 4 hours prior to your appointment.
Continue all medications for blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid problems and any other conditions as recommended by your physician. If there is a question, please call our office prior to your appointment.
- Please eat a regular breakfast or lunch as applicable.
- This procedure will be performed using local anesthesia. There are usually no restrictions after the procedure concerning driving or returning to work.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our office at 360-734-4777.
- Due to the local anesthesia, please refrain from chewing until the feeling returns to your lips and tongue to avoid injury. Drink fluids as long as they are not very hot.
- It is normal for your tooth to be sensitive for 1-2 weeks after treatment, due to your body’s healthy inflammatory response.
- For any discomfort, take ibuprofen (Advil, 600 mg) plus 1 Acetaminophen (Tylenol, 500 mg) every 5-6 hours for up to a week after treatment. NOTE: Alcohol intake is not advised while taking any of these medications.
- Should you experience discomfort that cannot be controlled with the above-listed medications, or should swelling develop, please contact our office at 360-734-4777.
Following your endodontic treatment, if the final restoration has not been put in place already, please return to your general dentist to complete the treatment. Dr. Widman will discuss this with you.
We always schedule a free follow-up appointment one-year post-treatment in order to assess the healing progression.
If you have any questions at all, please contact us at 360-734-4777